Friday, November 27, 2009

Photos

I love photos. I always have, but since becoming a mum and wanting to capture all those once-in-a-lifetime moments, photos have taken on a new meaning.
When Emily was less than one, I only had my basic 35mm film camera (no fancy settings or anything) and I would put a blanket behind her and make a "studio" - which was much cheaper than what Pixi charge!
I then got my first digital camera (which my parent's have just borrowed to go overseas and still works fine) and the photos just multiplied. Instead of taking one or 2 photos on film, I would take 10 at a time because it was so easy to delete them later and only print the ones I wanted.
About 2 years ago Matt suggested that I should get a better camera, and I did consider a DSLR but at the time it seemed a bit daunting - I still wanted the ability to just point and shoot, so I got the next step down from a DSLR - my Canon Powershot S5 IS. It has good optical zoom (digital zoom is useless) and has a lot of the features of a DSLR without having to worry about lenses and focusing it manually.
In the last 12 months I have done more reading about the settings on my camera and now I have figured out how to create those gorgeous shots where the subject is in focus and the background blurred. These are my favourite sort of portrait shots, although depending on the setting they aren't always possible.
Even more recently I downloaded a trial for a program by Adobe called Photoshop Lightroom - which adjusts the settings of the photos (not really an editing software). Thanks to Kylie and Bruno for telling me about it.
Here are some of the photos I have adjusted - I will share the before and after to show how you can change photos - even if they aren't great in the first place.
---
---
---
---
---
---

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.