Friday, July 23, 2010

Kaszazz Creative Challenge - May

The kit for May included a yummy new Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad - my FAVOURITE product.
I do love my Broken China and Faded Jeans colours, so I was excited to see I was given Stormy Sky as my kit colour.  I was somewhat disappointed with the colour for a start because it is so similar to Faded Jeans when I tested it on some card, but I have found since that it is the colour I have been reaching for.  It is not as bold and deep as Faded Jeans and is a great colour for a sky - especially when using an ink blending tool or a sponge.  I had ordered the new pink shade Victorian Velvet as soon as it was released, so I paired these 2 colours up for a vintage look.  


I used the traditional blending technique, then spritzed with water - except I used some Perfect Pearls and re-inker in the water I spritzed to bring it to life a bit.  Once the card was dry I also used the distress ink to stamp the flourish on the background.  I also used distress ink and a pearlised water spray on the punched vellum scalloped circles and folded these into 3D flowers. 
I tried to do something different with distress inks this month - more of a technique sampler than a "pretty" card as I had already used the ink blending in my samples for March, so I ended up with 3 different ways of using the distress inks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.