Monday, January 03, 2011

one little word

Each year Ali Edwards uses one word to focus on for the year.  It is a chance to meditate on what you want to achieve and what you want to aim for - a goal.  For the year twenty eleven my one little word is challenge.  I have thought long and hard about this word and what it means to me.

"a task or situation that tests someone's abilities"
I want to put myself to the test.  I want to embrace the unknown and learn.  I want to push myself out of my comfort zone.  I know by doing this I will gain experience, enjoyment, satisfaction, friends, skills and so much more.  I am excited my the possibilities that await.


"an attempt to win a contest or championship in a sport"
I want to participate in more challenges, in particular scrapbooking challenges.  I want to attempt more.  The saying goes 'you've got to be in it to win it', but for me, winning isn't the most important part.  It is about being in the running, trying, participating, having a go.  I hope that by being challenged I can succeed with my goal of more scrapbooking layouts for the year.


I want to challenge myself and be challenged.


(dictionary definitions provided by http://oxforddictionaries.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.