Friday, October 30, 2009

12 x 12 Travel Album

As some may know I travelled quite extensively as a child and I have fond memories of those times. When I had become more confident at scrapbooking I decided I wanted to copy some of the photos from our family trip around Europe (that I took when I was 12 with my $40 camera may I add). Well, about 2 years ago I copied some of the photos (scanned and printed them because it was before the days of digital cameras) and they have been sorted, then I tucked them in a book in the right order, and then they were forgotten about.

I've decided it is time to finally finish this project (which is only one of many grand plans)! Yesterday I started with a 12 x 12 (30cm x 30cm) chipboard album cover that I covered with a sheet of the Traveller paper - I thought the page with the olde world map was quite fitting. I then cracked open my bottle of Tim Holtz metallic crackle paint (tarnished brass) to paint the chipboard title as well as some antique linen crackle paint for a bit of contrast in the title. Once the paint was dry and crackled I rubbed some vintage photo distress ink over it and around the edges to give the cracks a bit more definition. Stuck the title on with some glossy accents (yes, it is a glue as well as a 3D sealer) and there you have it - the cover to the album that has been a long while coming. I think a nice photo in the top right corner would set it off nicely but I'll see as I go along. I'll try to photograph it at various stages so that you can see it all come together.
Sorry for the bad photos - it's late and the flash just isn't as good as sunlight.
I tend to add and change things as I go rather than setting it all out before I start. Fingers crossed this project works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.