Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sketches Challenge #115

This week's challenge on the Sketches! blog is a recipe challenge.  It called for Brads, Buttons and the Colour Blue.  When I was given the recipe I thought "easy!" but it took me 3 attempts to get a card that I could remotely consider giving to someone. Yes, 3.

Here is my card:
(sorry the lighting wasn't great)

Materials: A5 white cardstock; Dot Background stamp, Cherry Blossoms Large stamp, Mini Messages -Get Well Soon (all from Kaszazz); Colorbox Fluid Chalk inks - Ice Blue, Wisteria, Olive Pastel and Creamy Brown; Ancient Page - Stone Gray; Buttons and Brads from stash (unknown); Glossy Accents; Rainbow fine glitter; White 1/2" Grosgrain ribbon; Magic Mount; EK Success corner rounder. 

I kept this one pretty simple, and my inspiration was taken from the lovely Jennifer McGuire.  I love how her cards are simple and pretty.
Would you like to know how I coloured the cherry blossoms?  Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink.  I smudged some of the ink onto my craft mat and used my aquapainter (water filled pen with a brush tip) to blend it up a bit.  I then started with the darker areas and worked to the lighter areas (as it got more watery).  It wasn't the easiest technique - the ink wasn't the most predictable (sometimes it would be too dark and seep into one spot and others it just wouldn't seem to grab).  Just another hair-brained idea I came up with.
I am totally in love with the dot background stamp.  Can you tell?

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.