Thursday, May 20, 2010

What do YOU do with kids artwork?

Having a child in kinder, not a week goes by that I don't receive a wonderfully colourful original artwork in the form of a HUGE (A1?) butchers' paper.  My fridge is only so big... so I think I remember seeing somewhere someone (Ali Edwards?) had photographed their kids artwork.  What an awesome idea!  This immediately turned an A1(?) painting into a petite 6x4 inch photo, which can be stored easily in an album.  This way I get to keep them all without drowning under a tonne of paper (or possibly not being able to find the fridge behind it all!).
Now, each time Emily comes home with a treasured artwork I get out the camera and snap, it's done.
I think it will be a nice keepsake to show her in years to come - long after the paintings have been given away (or put in the b.i.n).

Please leave a comment to let me know what you do.

2 comments:

  1. Quite the artist you have there! I probably should start photographing some of Aimees, but I find the big ones make great wrapping paper for grandparents aunts uncles etc also, and Aimee is usually happy to use the older ones for this, once she has a current new favourite up on the wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your daughter's artwork whilst you can! I used to take photos of my daughter (who just turned 16!) with all her Kindy paintings around her too - We looked at these pictures recently and she looked so cute.
    Besides wrapping paper, the large butcher paper ones can make great one-of-a-kind envelopes for your cards if you can find a good template (I have a Create-a-lope from ages ago)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.