Thursday, October 28, 2010

Three on Thursday

Three cheers for Spring!

  1. I am totally loving the nice sunny days we have been having now, which means it finally feels like Spring.  There’s nothing nicer than sitting in the warmth of the suns rays, reading a book or having a snooze.  It also means the girls can enjoy being outside more – running around, riding bikes and scooters.  Not too hot, not too cold – just right.  There is something refreshing about opening up all the windows and letting the house breathe again.
  2. The nicer weather also puts me in a better mood – more patient with the kids, more care-free and easy-going; less cranky.  It is also more motivating to get things done around the house so I can enjoy the rest of the day (see point 1).
  3. Cleaning – Spring-cleaning that is.  After being equipped with my new-found knowledge of de-cluttering and being more choice about what I want to surround us in our home, I am in the final stages of purging.  So far I have gathered approx 4 garbage bags of unwanted/unused/outdated toys, games and general household items that will be making their way to the charity bins, and a further 2 garbage bags of items collected that are no longer useful to anyone.  I still have to sort through all of the clothing yet.  My newest phrase is “it needs to find a new home” – be that a new location to be stored, or literally a different home.
Hip-Hip-Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.