Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ticking things off the list

I am so bad at starting things and not quite finishing them.  Remember this post? Well, I finally got around to getting some matching ribbon for the ties and finished it.  Did I say a week?  Try 4 months!

 

This is the first time I have done buttonholes using my sewing machine. I was so impressed!  Sure beats the old dinosaur mum has where you have to measure the button then manually select 4 different stitches, only to find either it's far too big and the button doesn't stay done up, or it's too small and the button won't fit in it.  This one-step buttonhole is a pure genius (you can tell I don't sew much) - you put the button in the slot, lower the lever and press start.  Job done!  The only thing it doesn't do is cut the slit, but that's easy fixed.

How about this one?  Um, yep it only sat on my desk for a good few months after this before I finally finished the insides.



And on a much more positive note, I have finished my canvases!  In less than a week - that has to be a new project record... now I wonder how long they will sit around waiting to be hung on the wall?

You can't tell from the photo that there is texture on there - it is a lot more noticeable in person.  It is a bit hard getting a decent photo when they are sitting on the dining room floor and the table seems to be in the way if I get too close.  I did try painting the flowers, but they looked hideous, so I covered them back up, so you can just see the texture of them.  I suppose that's the brilliant thing about paint - if you don't like it you can just paint over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.