Wednesday, June 01, 2011

... and she's back!

After what seems like forever I decided it was high time I decluttered and organised my craft space to try and kick start my craft inspiration.  I did a major purge and only kept the supplies that I really love and will use (I think the 'will use' part is extremely important).  Gone are the scraps I've been keeping.  Gone are the old papers I bought from clearance places because they were cheap (and I never really loved them).  Gone are the bits and pieces I haven't used and have no intention of using.
I then set to printing some photos that have been sitting on my hard drive waiting for some inspiration that to date had not come.  I also downloaded the recent PageMaps pdfs (which I print and keep in a binder) and decided that I would tackle the recent photo of Sophie and a May PageMaps sketch as my easy starting place.  Have I mentioned before how much I LOVE the PageMaps sketches?  I'm pretty sure I have, but repetition for emphasis.
So, here is my final product:


The best part was I used all supplies I had from months ago and it was done in a matter of 2 hours start to finish.
It has definitely motivated me to keep going and do more.
I want to focus on my scrapbooking because that is what matters most to me.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.