Monday, November 30, 2009

Artwork hanger

I have had these MDF letters and plaques sitting around for ages so I decided I would finally make something with them.

The plaque I painted with Tarnished Brass Crackle paint around the edges, and dabbed the top with Snow Cap Adirondack paint. The letters are covered with Eggplant Adirondack paint, then stamped with the Circle Trio stamps using the Snow Cap paint.
The letters are adhered with Glossy Accents - it is an awesome glue! The butterflies are painted with Snow Cap white and stamped with a variety of inks (Ancient Page, Vivid and Colorbox chalk) in the colours my daughter chose.
The antennae are a pin (they actually came on a shirt of my husbands - you know how they are pinned in place in the packet) that had a pearl top. I threaded on some beads - mostly glass beads and stuck them into the top of the butterflies and tapped them right in with my craft hammer. The butterflies are decorated with assorted Rhinestones and Rock Candy stickles.
I cut the ribbons to various lengths and spread them out across the bottom on the back of the plaque. I stuck them on with Glossy Accents and then punched a hole and hammered in an eyelet (without setting it) to hold them in place. I threaded ribbon through one side of the clips and tied a knot to keep it on, and hung it on the wall with a 3M removable hook - no holes in the wall.
Now Emily has a place to hang all of her paintings and pictures she brings home from kinder without them piling up on my fridge!

So what do you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.