Monday, November 30, 2009

Scrapbook layout using 8x10 inch photo

I don't print my own photos at home. I have considered getting a photo printer in the past but by the time you buy the printer, the inks, and a good quality photo paper it works out cheaper to have them printed in the stores when they are on special.
Camera house have had a special on 8 x 10 inch photos for $1.95 each this month (ends today) which is pretty good, so I got a whole heap printed to either scrap or frame and hang on the wall.
This photo is so pretty and I used the Lightroom program to alter the colours and just leave the blue tones - which highlights the inside of her hat and her eyes. It was very glary the day this was taken so it made it hard to get a good colour balance on the original photo.
I have got piles (I'd hate to count the number of sheets - my guess would be somewhere in the vicinity of 150 12x12 pieces) of paper sitting in my paper rack from my 4 years of scrapbooking and I have decided that it is time to move it along... use it or lose it!

This background paper is a Basic Grey paper, flowers, brads and rhinestones are Kaisercraft, stamps are Grant and Autumn Leaves, inks are Ancient Page. The title has Rock Candy over it (although the ink I chose for the "love" is not bold enough for my liking and I may try and go over it in some way to make it stand out more). I have a hidden journalling tag under the photo that explains how this photo was taken on Feb 7th this year - Black Saturday when the bushfires destroyed so much of our state, and we were out sightseeing on the Great Ocean Road and had no idea until we came back to our accomodation after dinner and saw it all on TV.


I know there isn't much to this layout but with a photo this big there isn't a lot of room left, and I didn't want to take away from the photo with too much else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.