Friday, January 15, 2010

Colour Inspiration

I was flicking through some catalogues the other day from homeware stores (Kmart, Target, Harris Scarfe) and couldn't help but notice the bedding and the colours. I then realised that I had never paid much attention to the catalogue photos before, but I have seen some challenge blogs where they post pictures of a bedroom or lounge room and get you to use the colours as a basis for a card or layout. I couldn't help but think "that would make a great card"!
I've only been looking and following craft blogs for about a year now - before that it was only via magazines and groups that I was a part of. I mostly drew my inspiration from elements or other layouts I had seen. There is so much variety in what we can access now as far as craft and getting ideas.
Speaking of inspiration, SplitCoastStampers - one of the most popular cardmaking and stamping website/forum/galleries online - has a tutorial of easel cards this week, and curiosity got the better of me. I'd never made one before and I have a bit of a thing for 'unusual' at the moment, so I gave it a go. I used the basic principle of fold in half and half again on one side, using a standard A5 piece of card that had been trimmed to 5 inches wide.

So here is what I came up with:


All elements are from Kaszazz - including the NEW mini messages stamp that is part of a 9 stamp set. If you want to see the rest of the stamps, you'll need to come on Monday to the new product demonstration night. Email me for more info!

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.