Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sketches! Challenge #103

Being the 3rd Tuesday (well, it's Wednesday here is Australia) it is a card sketch over at Sketches! I totally love this sketch - it is so easy to work with, and the other DT ladies have all produced something totally different from it which just proves it is very versatile.
So this is the sketch:
And here is what I created with it:

Everything you see is available from Kaszazz except for the Fiskars border punch (threading water).
I thought that it would be nice to try masking - if you haven't you need to! It is so easy and it gives such a great result without using layers. For the main butterfly section I stamped the butterfly using Chocolate Ancient Page ink - which is a waterproof ink so it won't bleed. I then used the Tim Holtz distress ink pads and ink blending tool to colour what I wanted on the butterfly (it doesn't matter if it colours out of the butterfly as this will be covered) then you need to stamp and cut out another butterfly - preferably on a sticky note or you can use non-permanent tape and position this butterfly on top exactly over the one you've coloured. Then you can go nuts with the ink blending tool over all of the rest of the card (just make sure the mask doesn't lift). The mask protects the underneath part so it will then stand out when you take it off. It really is that easy! Ink colours I used were Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo. I think it gives it a nice mottled look. There is also a strip of Bazzill under the main part which was stamped using the Rollagraph and Dagwoods wheel - I LOVE that wheel, it is so pretty with the butterflies and flowers!
Thanks for checking out my blog - please leave a comment, and don't forget to upload your creation using this card sketch over at Sketches!

2 comments:

  1. i just love the butterfly you have used and the way you have used it too, just stunning!
    sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel, love your choice of colours, and that butterfly is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.