Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Cute as a Bug

I really really like the new Doodle Design Bugs set from Kaszazz:


It goes really well with the Spring Time set too which is what I paired it with below:


The grass is from the Spring Time set, the sentiment and bug are from the new Doodle Design Bug set and the clouds were just hand cut from card and used as a mask to ink on some Stormy Sky Distress Ink.

As you can probably tell I'm also into using Oatmeal (Kraft) cardstock at the moment, and this is another make and take card we made a couple of weeks ago - simple!


This one is a gate fold card - which just means that the left and right hand sides open from the centre of the card (and it doesn't stand up if it's not opened a bit).  I think both cards would be great for a new baby.

Would you like to know how I coloured the ladybugs on both cards?
I'm sure you would if you have read this far!  I used my aquabrush (paintbrush filled with water) and WITHOUT SQUEEZING you run the tip along the side of a Distress Ink pad (Fired Brick in this case) and when the tip has absorbed the colour you can paint.  Pretty cool ha?  You do need to keep brushing the tip on the pad as you go, because the aquabrush slowly diffuses the water out so all of the colour comes off the tip (unlike a traditional brush that absorbs the colour until it's saturated with colour).  If you do squeeze the pen you will be diluting your ink and we wouldn't want that!  The benefit is that if you have a re-inker you can use a drop from that instead of the pad, and if you do accidentally dilute your pad you can always fix it with re-inker.


Volunteers Needed!!!
I still need 4 people to trial my new handmade pins before I start up selling them.  I will need feedback as to what you like about it, what you aren't that fond of, and a picture of how you use the pin you are sent, that I can then use on the new blog (page, card or other project).  The feedback will need to be emailed to me by the end of the month, which should give you at least 2 weeks to use the pin and take a picture - just bear this in mind if you are applying.   If you are interested in getting one free to trial, email me at rachel.witthaus@gmail.com with your name and address so I can send it to you.  Feel free to share this with anyone you think may be interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.