Saturday, June 19, 2010

Say it with love

One of the hardest genres of cards I find myself making is the lovey ones - engagement, wedding, anniversary.
The January release of Kaszazz saw this lovely heart stamp added to the range - which gives a sophisticated feel to the standard love heart.

One of the competitor stamps set that I own and use a lot is the Congrats set from SU.  I like the standard type font of the sentiments and the fact that you can then choose to add little mini sentiments to the larger congratulations to suit the occasion, or leave it as just congratulations.
I got out my Vivid ink for this one - I rediscovered my love for this ink - it really is as the title says!  You may notice the scallops at the bottom and a strip of the colour above the sentiment - which is actually the top of the scalloped piece in the middle.  This was a piece of card that I swiped with the ink pad to colour it the same as the hearts, then punched the border.  It's much easier to ink a smooth plain piece of cardstock than one with a cut edge or holes in it.  I stamped a matching heart on the envelope too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.