Thursday, June 24, 2010

I can't resist resist

I was so inspired by Jennifer McGuire's cards using resist techniques - not that it is a new concept, but you know how you see something again and you ask yourself why you haven't done that in a while?  This one was a pearlized resist technique - heat embossing with pearl embossing powder then using distress inks to colour the surrounds.  I used Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz to give the whole focal panel a pearl shine.  Instead of using the dots on the whole background I decided to just add some rows to the bottom using the same colour distress ink as the focal image.  The cards are finished with some ribbon and pearls.




This set of 8 have found a new home with my mother - some of their friends are having a rough time at the moment with illnesses and losing loved ones so I think they will come in handy. 

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.