Saturday, August 14, 2010

Colour Create Challenge 51



The Colour Create Challenge 51 is to use Ivory, Duck Egg Blue and one other colour from the inspiration picture:

The book second from the left reminded me of the Tim Holtz distress ink colour Pumice Stone, so I set about using that as my 3 colours.


I started with an Ivory card base that I cut a scalloped border along the bottom, which I then stamped with the Dotty Stars Border stamp by Kaszazz, using Ice Blue Colorbox Chalk ink.  I then edged the card with Pumice Stone and Broken China T.H distress inks.  I cut a strip of ivory card, ran the paper distresser over it, and used the same distress inks to colour it all over.  I double stitched the top and bottom of the strip before adhering it to the base card.  I used an accent strip I've had in my stash since forever to cut the circle of baby hands out, which I ran the distresser around and inked slightly with the distress inks.  I then mounted it onto another piece of ivory cardstock and freehand cut around the blue circle - which has any imperfections covered up by also running the paper distresser around.  This circle piece is attached with Magic Mount, and the card was finished with 3 pearls

If you are interested in getting your hands on any of the products in italics mentioned above, feel free to email me at rachel.witthaus@gmail.com - I can send to anywhere in Australia.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel,

    WOW when I first saw your card I loved the pattern cardstock and then I read that you had created it yourself! I looks wonderful. I love the scallop edge, the stitching and the pearls too.

    Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card Rachel, I like the soft colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.