Monday, August 30, 2010

I'll be back...

I can't believe how long it has been since I posted anything on my blog.
Miss 5 has taking a liking to playing the free games online at ABCkids, so it has been a bit of a battle over who gets the computer - I normally give in and let her play it.  Hubby now has started his new job, so I've just inherited his laptop which he no longer requires - it's nothing fantastic being about 3 years old and all, but it is compact and portable - yay!  The last time I was using a laptop was when I was teaching - got to love writing out all those lesson plans and reports (NOT!).
We recently bought a new printer, which is proving to be a total gem.  We have had our old Brother multi-function for a long time... probably 5 years?  It was a good printer (for a 5 year old printer that cost $100 at the time) and served it's purpose well but the quality wasn't any good above a standard printed document.  Of late I have downloaded a heap of digital paper files with the intention I could print some of them and use on cards and layouts, but it just wasn't working.  It was a bottom-feed printer and struggled with anything thicker than printer paper, and it refused to take my A5 cardstock (and I couldn't get my hand in far enough to help it grip onto it and push it up and into the rollers)... so we decided we could upgrade to a decent printer.  After much research online I came down to a list of 2 Canon and 2 Epson printers.  After further comparing properties of each we decided on the Canon MP990 - which is a multi-function suitable to print photos and also scans negatives and slides (which was really the clincher for me, having all of our wedding photos as negatives).  It prints lovely quality photos (clear/crisp and great colour) which I am loving!!!
I also received a pressie in the form of Photoshop Elements 8 from my parents-in-law, so I've been having a bit of a play on that of late, which has been eating up my craft time.  I really need to set aside some time to learn all the functions to get the most out of it, but the little bit I have done is awesome.  I was totally hooked after I downloaded the 30 day trial at the start of the year.
I hope to get creative this afternoon after I drop Miss 5 at kinder and while Miss 1 is having a nap.  I now need to channel my inner mojo...
I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.