This is the first one I made using the sketch, and I wanted to use some of my Kaisercraft Acrylic stamps - some that I have neglected for a while but are so beautiful. I used the dragonfly from the set and using an embossing pen, I 'coloured' the stamp (you could also use versamark) and stamped it onto white cardstock, then sprinkled gold embossing powder over the stamped image. I also drew a border around the rectangle using the pen and embossing powder, and waved the heat gun over it all. Once it was heat embossed I used a paintbrush and some Versa ash rose ink to stipple around the dragonfly and coloured the centre of the flowers in yellow felt tip pen. The rest of the card is scraps of paper from my huge pile of offcuts, and some twill ribbon, finished with 3 Kaisercraft brads and the words stamped from the Stampin' Up congrats set using black ink. I think the background of the plain pink is just that - a little too plain. If I were to re-do this card I'd stamp a background image on the pink cardstock.
This second card is IMO much nicer and 10 times simpler. The dragonfly panel was done exactly the same as above except it was left white, and the rest is some shimmer gold card and some gold printed vellum, all on a Kaisercraft Copper card base. I buy these card bases from Spotlight - they come in about 20 or more colours and are $2 for a pack of 6 cards and matching envelopes. The advantage is that they are precut and folded for you! Again the word was stamped from the Stampin Up congrats set in black ink.
Heat embossing is so easy once you have a heat gun and some powders, and the effect is really striking, especially when used for intricate designs and it adds to the texture of a card.
Hopefully there will be more cards to come shortly...