Monday, July 27, 2009

A little birdy...

As per my last post, here is the remake of that bird card:
In the original I tried to ink a branch for the bird to sit on, but my skills with a cotton bud failed dismally and it didn't match very well, and I tried to fade a smokey border around the inner square but it was quite grainy and looked bad... so here I have another attempt. Not sure I'm 100% happy with this but it'll have to do for now. The bird is from the Stampin' Up 'Always' set that I stamped with Versamark onto Chocolate Chip cardstock and heat embossed with gold powder, raised on foam. The Vanilla cards are stamped with the Pocket Silhouettes and Choc Chip ink - the base is stamped off once with most of the stalks ommitted. 'For you' is from the Fresh Cuts set. Finished with 2 gold brads and gold wrapping ribbon.
I still have one embossed bird left so might try and mix it up again and see what I can pull out.
My camera batteries have failed me again, so I'll be back with the rest a little later when they have finished charging (note to self... buy more AA rechargables next time I go shopping - we never have enough!).

2 comments:

  1. I love the Asian feel with the pocket silhouettes. That is my favourite card of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I am impressed.......you make me feel like trying to use the bird again. Very noice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.