Tuesday, July 07, 2009

It's not only the destination, it's about the journey...

As this is my first post I will share a little about myself.
My name is Rachel and I live in the outer suburbs of Melbourne, Australia.
I am married to my awesome husband Matthew, and together we have 2 gorgeous girls - Emily who is 4 and Sophie who is a newborn.
I was introduced to scrapbooking about 4.5 years ago when I was pregnant with Emily and a friend held a Creative Memories class. It wasn't until after Emily was born that I actually bought some supplies and got inventive with some pages that my obsession took off. I also blame my friend Steph, who started an online group about scrapbooking - where I learned there was a whole other world of scrapbooking outside of Creative Memories. Since this time I have steadily accumulated a range of products for stamping and papercrafts. My absolute love is patterned papers and stamps... hence the "I Heart Stamp n Scrap".
I made a few cards when I was starting out, but I never really liked what I produced - but with some persistance and a lot of 'rubbish' cards I think I am satisfied with the majority of what I now produce, but I don't think I could do it without sketches and getting ideas from galleries.
For those lacking inspiration the Little Scrapbook Shop (affectionately known as LSBS) has a forum and monthly cyber-crops - where they post challenges with various themes or guidelines. It is well worth a look http://www.littlescrapbookshop.com.au/.
Since about 2 years ago I have also subscribed to Scrapbooking Memories (SM) magazine where I find lots of inspiring layouts and ideas - and discover yummy new products to buy!!! An ambition of mine is to one day be published in SM but I guess it's a bit hard when you don't send them in...
I would also like to better perfect my photography - beyond my current point and click ability.

Anyway, I shall be back shortly to upload some recent creations.

xx Rachel.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting that you have a blog rach!! That is the best. I am already a follower and have you on my blog list so others can find you. I will spread the word.
    Welcome! Ps - I wouldn't call you amature, you are way beyond that. But very humble of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.