Thursday, August 20, 2009

Distressed to Impress!

Ok, I'm so loving this card I whipped up yesterday afternoon (while I should have been preparing dinner - lol). I was inspired by the Cherry Blossom distress card on page 99 of the Kaszazz catalogue, and I was dying to try out the Cherry Blossom stamps and Tim Holtz distress ink.
For more info about Tim Holtz distress ink, see the Product Showcase on my website (click here).

This card was so easy to make - a little time consuming, but very easy. I used the distress ink to stamp the images of the cherry blossoms onto the card, then used the ink with a stylus and foam oval tip to distress the edges. I used the chalk set to colour the centre of the flowers with pink, and the stems in green and brown. I added some Ice Stickles to the middles for the anther of the flowers, and stamped a sentiment - and tada!


This card is headed for a couple who are going oversees for a while (to Japan - hence the cherry blossom), to wish them safe and happy travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.