Monday, August 31, 2009

Perfect Pearls

Ok, so now I have another new addiction - Perfect Pearls... as well as distress ink, but I didn't use that this time. So what are Perfect Pearls? They are a pigment powder that is made up of mica - you know, the stuff that is in the metallic paints on cars that they charge you extra to have. It also has a resin in it, so when it is wet it becomes set or fixed. They remind me of little pots of eyeshadows and they are so shimmery it's just gorgeous! They can be used wet or dry with a whole heap of mediums.
For more info about Perfect Pearls and how you can use them see my website Product Showcase or just YouTube 'Perfect Pearls' to see videos of Tim Holtz and the Ranger crew using these.


The card I made used a total of 7 materials/tools. Rubber stamps (sentiment and Cherry Blossom), Perfect Medium, pearl embossing powder, heat gun, Perfect Pearls, water and a paint brush.

First I loaded the flower stamp with Perfect Medium and stamped the 2 images - one to the right and one to the left. I coated it generously in pearl embossing powder and heat set it. I then mixed up 3 spritzes of water from a MiniMister (but you could just use a teaspoon) with a 'scoop' of Perfect Pearls - red. By 'scoop' I mean the amount that will fit on the wrong end of the paint brush (that comes with the 4 pack of Perfect Pearls). I then used this to paint in my flowers. I repeated this with the green Perfect Pearls except I used a bit less water and less of the powder. Once it was painted I dried it off with the heat tool (only cos I'm impatient), stamped the sentiment with Perfect Medium and dusted over dry green Perfect Pearls which stuck to the Perfect Medium.

I did use my iron with a piece of copy paper over the card to try and iron out the curl that happens when you wet card, but because of the embossing powder, it stuck to the copy paper a bit and pulled off some of the embossing. I'll know not to do this again next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.