Thursday, September 02, 2010

Scraplift with Flutterbys

Grrr.  After having a cold for the last week and was almost fully recovered, I was laid low yesterday with fever/chills and a nose that would not stop dripping/sneezing.  I'm feeling a bit better today but I'm still not 100% :(  Who would have thought you could get 2 illnesses at the same time?
Never mind, it was a good excuse to ignore the housework this morning and scraplift a layout I saw on the Ranger blog from the talented Jennifer McGuire.  As soon as I saw it I just wanted to break open the inks and get stamping.

Here is my scraplift of the layout:


I used 2 stamps - both from Kaszazz (Fancy Flourish and Butterfly Medium) and 15 different inks (Colorbox Fluid Chalk: Pink Pastel, Tangerine, Yellow Cadmium, Olive Pastel, Deep Green, Prussian Blue, Warm Violet, Lavender, Blackbird.  Vivid!: Garnet, Red Hot.  Ancient Page: Cardinal, Stone Grey.  T.H Distress:   Faded Jeans.  Colorbox Pigment: Frost White).  I did actually stamp out the butterfly in about 35 different colours, but just chose the ones I thought went together the best.  The base is a 12x12 Black cardstock page with the middle cut out (which I used to mat the photo), and a piece of Oatmeal 12x12 cardstock trimmed to 11x11.  The writing was all done freehand with a Black Signo gel pen and my set of felt-tip pens (I thought these were great value at approx $20 for 25 pens in a roll-up wallet).
Thanks for checking out my blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.