Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Sketches! Challenge #105

Hi all and welcome to another week. Here in Australia all of the kids have gone back to school after their 6 weeks of Summer Holidays. My oldest munchkin started kinder this year, although you could say she is old hat at it, because she attended 3 year old kinder last year, and turns 5 in May this year. No apprehension or fears from her - which is good :)

This week over at Sketches! it is a Layout Sketch:
And here is what I created with it:


As you can see it wasn't a direct translation, but I rotated bits, flipped some, and ended up with something that suited both the paper and the photos... well I think so - lol. Don't you just love those photos that maybe are not perfectly shot, but capture those fleeting moments? Emily (at not quite 2) decided to climb up onto the couch and immitate Matt reading the local newspaper.
And how cute is this paper? I've had it for probably a year or more, and in line with my goal for this year (use it or lose it) I decided it was time to take the scissors to it. The paper is by Kaisercraft, inked with Tim Holtz Distress Inks, the little acetate owl is stamped using Oscar Owl (Kaszazz), using Ancient Page ink in chocolate. The key to stamping on Acetate using Ancient Page is just to let it dry completely (this took about a day) - then no smudges! The title was cut with my cuttlebug, which has been very neglected (insert embarrassed face) and I think I need to pull it out more. When I first got it I used it ALL THE TIME, but now it seems to have a film of dust over it each time I remember I have it.
I think my aim for this month is to re-organise and sort all of my stash. There has to be a better way... but in my little corner of the lounge with a table and bookcase there is only so much you can do with it!
Please leave a comment and don't forget to share your creating using this sketch over at the Sketches! blog.

2 comments:

  1. How cute Rachel. Talk about daddy's little girl. Love the paper that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great photos! love how the title and the owl go so well with the photos too, it's a wonderful LO xx

    good luck with the use it or loose it, I've been going thru some pattern paper I've had since I started, and my 5yr old started Prep this year so I might see if I can donate it to her class.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.