Monday, March 29, 2010

Card Patterns Sketch 57

I found this cool blog via the Hero Arts blog, and decided it was perfect for my newly stamped and watercoloured image.

Here is the sketch:

And here is what I came up with:

I am quite partial to frogs, so I had to get this cute stamp which is part of the May Kaszazz pre-release.  I stamped him with Leaf Green Ancient Page (because it is a permanent ink and won't run when you add water), then used the Lyra watercolour crayons and my aquabrush to colour him.  I also added some grey (black) around him to give a bit of definition.  The white card is stamped with the Dot Background stamp on a piece of Olive A5 card from the Earth Tones pack - which matches perfectly with the Olive Pastel Chalk ink dots don't you think?  The yellow cardstock under the frog is the new Butter SB Essentials which is also now available as part of the May pre-release.  It is a lovely light creamy-lemon colour.  The light ribbon was salvaged from some packaging, and the green ric-rak is from American Crafts.  I think the 2 brads are from Kaisercraft but no longer have the packaging so can't be 100%.

I have another May Pre-release stamped image to share with you once it makes it's way onto a card.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing with Card Patterns this week! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.