Friday, March 12, 2010

Inspiration from Here, There and Everywhere!

I love getting new ideas of how to use my scrapbooking stash. I do subscribe to one scrapbooking magazine which I devour every time it is delivered but there is just so much free inspiration available online, I sometimes wonder why I bother paying for it!
Let me share with you some of the places I draw my inspiration:
1. Most major scrapbooking or stamping companies have their own blog or design team gallery that show off projects using their supplies. While I use mostly Kaszazz products (as well as what I already have accumulated), the projects can usually be adapted to whatever you have available - think beyond the exact product and think about the techniques or design elements. Some examples are Nichole Heady from Papertrey Ink, Stamp TV (a new video is available each Wednesday), Pebbles Inc, and the Hero Arts Blog.
2. Some of the major names in scrapbooking and papercrafts have their own blogs and websites such as Tim Holtz, Ali Edwards, Martha Stewart, as well as the awesomely talented Jennifer McGuire.
3. Challenge and Sketch Blogs abound - with some for the fun of it, and others have sponsors so are able to offer prizes for entries. Some of my faves include Cuttlebug Challenges, The Cuttlebug Spot, Mojo Monday, Colour Create Challenge, 365 Cards, Inspired Blueprints, Pencil Lines, Page Maps and of course Sketches! {by Tamara}.
4. Online Stores or Galleries often have project ideas and forums to help you get the most out of your products. Splitcoaststampers has a variety of projects that users can upload to share and each Thursday they showcase a new technique. Little Scrapbook Shop and Scrap Therapy have galleries and monthly challenges too.
5. Step by step instructions can be good but I love watching the videos showing how to make certain things, or even to find out different ways of using a certain product. YouTube and Vimeo are 2 of the online video sites that you can search for papercrafting goodies on.

I hope you can find some inspiration amongst all of that - I do!
Happy crafting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.