Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sketches! Challenge #111

I can't believe it! It is still Tuesday and I get to post this week's Sketches! challenge. Because of the time difference I am normally asleep when it is posted on Tamara's page, but I'm being a bit of a night owl tonight so I get to be one of the first instead of one of the last!

This week is a Card Sketch. The card sketches are definitely my favourites. I think it is because they are small and you can finish it in one go.
So here is the sketch:
And here is my card based on the sketch:


Materials: 8x8 inch white cardstock (to make a DL size card to fit in a business size envelope), Kasiercraft (?) PP, red cardstock, Fiskars Threading Water punch, Autumn Leaves clear stamp (flower), Kaszazz stamp (sentiment from the Treasured Memories set), Top Boss white embossing powder, white ribbon, edge distresser, Tim Holtz distress inks, Ice Stickles, pin.

I tried to stick to a Black, White and Red colour theme but wanted to make it a bit vintage so had to introduce the brown distress inks too.
I really like making this size card - it's a bit out of the ordinary, and this months card sketch was perfectly proportioned!

Check out what some of the other DTers have done with this sketch over at the Sketches! blog and don't forget to link up your card or leave a comment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.