Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sketches! Challenge #110

Welcome to another Wednesday (here in Australia). This week is a recipe challenge over at the Sketches! blog and it was set by yours truly. I gave the recipe of Embossing, Vellum/Transparency and Felt. I tried to come up with things I haven't or don't tend to use much but it proved a bit of a challenge for ME!
I had an idea of what I wanted to do, so I set about making my layout... which didn't quite turn out as I would have liked, but it's done.

Materials: SB Essentials Cardstock (Kaszazz), Felt, Plastic sheet (Kaszazz), Spring Time stamp set (Kaszazz), Ancient Page inks (Kaszazz), Beutron buttons, Butterfly punch (Kaszazz), Cuttlebug dies, American Crafts ribbon, Staples, Dagwoods Jumbo Rollagraph wheel (Kaszazz), T.H Walnut Stain Distress Embossing Powder (Kaszazz), T.H Peeled Paint Distress Ink (Kaszazz), Kitchen twine, Pens.

I then thought maybe I could come up with a card instead, and just played with bits and pieces, but again I wasn't really happy with it.


Materials: A5 White cardstock (Kaszazz), American Crafts dsp, Silver Embossing powder (Kaszazz), Heidi Swapp? Stamp - you&me, Love Postmark and Dainty Flourish Stamps (Kaszazz), Ancient Page ink, Felt, Plastic sheet (Kaszazz), Cuttlebug die, Cotton thread, Circle Punch (Kaszazz), Edge Distresser (Kaszazz).

Do two mediocre projects equal one fab project? Let's hope so!
I was totally blown away at the other AWESOME projects from the DT ladies - great job!!! Check out all the projects here. If you upload a project (put a link in the Sketches! comments, then let me know here in the comments below) using my recipe I will draw one winner to receive a little something from me (Next Wednesday - so you have a whole week). So, get crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel I like them both, and I found this recipe a challenge too! Love the touch of blue in your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.