Thursday, March 04, 2010

Sketches! Challenge #109

I'm a bit behind the times but this week at Sketches! it is a layout sketch. I totally love sketches - it gives you something to work from.
Here is the sketch:

And here is my layout:


Because the main photo in the sketch was larger than a standard 6x4" photo I went looking through my enlargements and came across this photo of Sophie. It is probably a bit too big but never mind. I am not one for taking small photos - I tend to fill the whole image, and because I don't print my own photos it makes it a bit hard to get the smaller sizes - so I changed the film strip on the bottom to be the butterflies. For the journalling around the photo I used the title and printed out the dictionary definition onto Bazzill and cut it into strips to frame the image. You can't tell in the image but the dots on the butterfly wings and on the title are Stickles - so the are all shiny and sparkly.
Please pop over to the Sketches! blog (if you haven't already) to check out the amazing layouts from the rest of the Design Team - just awesome!!!
Also, if you are a Facebooker, Sketches! now has a page on there with special challenges that will only be posted on Facebook.
Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.