Thursday, September 30, 2010

Baby, baby, baby.

With my "baby" having a nap and Miss 5 watching last week's Junior Masterchef online I got over an hour this morning to test out some of the new Kaszazz stamps.

First up, a simple card using the Jumpsuits stamp:
I stamped the jumpsuits with Ancient Page inks, then used Lyra Watercolours to colour them in.  A bit of Glossy Accents on the collars and cuffs gives a little bit of definition to them.  I used an 8x8 piece of white card folded in half to give me a DL (business) sized card, and used some distress inks and blending tool to give the background some colour (blue for sky, green for grass).  I then used a piece of kitchen string as my clothesline, and these cute mini clothes pegs I found a few weeks ago (I knew they would come in handy) and stuck it on with Glossy Accents.  The sentiment is from the new colour rubons - which is actually a chocolate brown colour.  Very easy and quick to make.  Total time - Approx. 20 minutes.

Next, the same concept but slightly different:
Again these jumpsuits are stamped with Ancient Page, coloured with watercolours and highlighted with Glossy Accents.  This time I stamped the front of the A5 cardstock with the new Flourish Background stamp using Victorian Velvet distress ink.  I then stuck on the pegs using Glossy Accents and finished with the new sentiment stamp (I love that it is nice and big), using the same ink as I had stamped the jumpsuits with.  Total time - approx 20 mins.

Next, I wanted to do a really simple card using only a couple of supplies - just to show that it doesn't need to be costly or difficult to make your own cards:
This card uses a total of 5 materials.  I used a piece of Ivory cardstock and the new Adorable Border stamp to stamp 3 times across the top using Antique Linen distress ink.  I then used the same ink and the Welcome Little One stamp on the bottom.  Lastly I grabbed some coloured pencils and chose 3 animals to colour (I did debate about leaving it uncoloured but felt it was too plain.  You could colour as few or as many as you feel suits).  Total time - approx 10 minutes.

Lastly, I wanted to try out something I had in my head since ordering the stamps:
I quickly noticed in the new product catalogue that there are in fact 3 different sizes of each of the animals!  The smallest is in the Adorable Border stamp (as seen above), the next is found on the exclusive Rollagraph wheel, and the largest is found in the Adorable Un-cut Set (as seen above) - so my idea was to use these to create versions of families.  You could do 2 big and 1 little, 2 big, one middle and one little (if there is an older sibling) or any other combinations as it fits!  I used half a sheet of A5 cardstock (to make a gift card rather than a greeting card) and first stamped the sentiment (which I mucked up on a previous attempt of the same card - but we won't go there...) which is also found in the Adorable Un-Cut Set - and is a miniature version of the sentiment used on the 2 cards above.  I then stamped the large giraffe, then the little one (by carefully only inking the giraffe, and with the assistance of a stamp-a-ma-jig) - all with Ancient Page Sienna ink.  I then got out my distress inks (ok, who am I kidding, they never get put away) and used an aquabrush to colour in the spots on the giraffes using Scattered Straw, added some grass using Shabby Shutters and finally blended on some sky using Broken China.  Total time - approx 10 minutes.

You may also notice in the backgrounds of my pictures are the new papers available from Kaszazz.  Each photo is a different page and shows both sides (one side is at the bottom and the other behind) - with the exception of the second last one - I just love that side the best!

As always, if you would like to get your hands on these awesome Kaszazz products just send me an email at rachel.witthaus@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.