Friday, September 17, 2010

Bit of Bling

I normally just colour this stamp with my watercolours, but this time I thought I'd try and bling it up a bit.  I stamped the main image, coloured the bear with watercolours and cut it out.  I then stamped it a second time on a sheet of double sided sticker paper (JAC).  Because it is a large image, I only inked the flower part the second time.  I cut out the middle and petals separately, and stuck them both on the card with the top backing still on.  I peeled off the petal backing and sprinkled over the purple glitter (Grape Fizz) and used a dry paintbrush to dab the glitter onto the double sided paper, then brush away any excess - this helps stop the excess glitter falling off everywhere, and also from cross-contaminating the other colours.  After all excess was removed I then peeled off the centre and repeated with the gold glitter (Honey Glow).
The card is finished with some ribbon, a few of rhinestones, the sentiment and a ruled border around the edge.

1 comment:

  1. what a cute card ! love the bear image, found you through moxie fab world. I have some blog candy right now and ship inernationally too =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.