Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dressed to Impress

There are some elegant dressmaking mannequin stamps going around at the moment, and I've seen a few people have cut it out and embellished it as a dress.  There wasn't one card/project in particular, but I've seen numerous so I thought I would have a go at drawing/making my own.  I got the outline semi balanced (it's not perfect) and cut out a template because I can see myself re-creating this in the future.  Once I traced and cut out the mannequin shape using white cardstock, I then set to wrapping some lace trim around it to make the dress.  It's all held in place with some double sided tape in the back, and after wrapping and tying a ribbon around the middle I used some foam squares to adhere it to the front of the card.  Some layered scalloped card at the bottom, and some dots for the background at the top, and this would make a great Bridal Shower, Engagement or Wedding card.
I've actually had this heart ribbon slider sitting in my stash for longer than I care to admit, and it made a nice accompaniment to the 5 mini pearls as a necklace and the 4 mini pearls as an embellishment on the bottom of the dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.