Monday, September 06, 2010

Thinking of You with Cherry Blossoms

Well, it is now officially spring here in Australia, although you wouldn't have known it the first few days.  We had some horrible weather over the weekend with winds so strong it woke me up in the middle of the night.  I don't think I have ever heard the wind so bad before - it was literally howling against the front of the house.  Lots of places around Melbourne got damage from falling trees, etc, but we were unharmed and no power outage so that was a bonus.  North of the state copped a pelting of rain, with some flooding to some parts where creeks and rivers have burst their banks.  Lets hope that the real Spring weather comes shortly.
One of the icons of Spring - especially in Japan - is the Cherry Blossom.  This stamp is still one of my favourites.  It is just pretty.  This time I have paired it up with one of the supplies that is so often under-rated - chalks.  I have to admit that I didn't own chalks before I became a Kaszazz Consultant, and probably wouldn't have bought them except they come in the starter kit... but they are so handy!  I know I don't use them nearly enough, but they are so quick and easy to use, not particularly messy, and add a nice subtle colour to images.

Materials: Ivory cardstock, Pink Bazzill, Chocolate Ancient Page ink, Pebbles Inc Chalks (Basic Brights), Large Cherry Blossoms and Mini Messages Stamps,  Kiwi Smooch, Pearls (Kaisercraft) and ribbon (non-kaszazz).

Happy Crafting.

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous card. Actually I think I am going to have a go at this one right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.