Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Family week - day 1

I started this blog to display some of my craft works in the hope that someone would find it informative or get some inspiration out of it.  This week I am going to step back from the craft side and just share a little bit about me and my family.  Perhaps this may inspire you to get out some of your photos and scrap them so you can remember certain aspects of your family too.

If you read my blog and have done so for a while you would know I am a mum of 2 girls.  I love taking their photos and capturing their youth and personality.
Miss Emily is 5 years old.  Her interests include riding her bike or her scooter, AFL (Go Cats!), My Little Pony, Barbie and all other things 5 year old girls like.  She is a very caring child and most of the time is well mannered - I hope it continues like that as she gets older.


Miss Sophie is 1 year old.  Her interests are food, sleeping and stealing her sisters' toys.  She has an awesome personality, even at such a young age.  Her talk is still babble but she uses tone to get her point across!  She is a bit of a firecracker in that she will go off at you if you tell her "no" or take something away from her.  I like her spunk :)

Matt and I don't normally star in the photos, however I have been making a point of taking more photos with us in them (I'm usually behind the camera).



I don't think I have more than about 10 photos with me and Emily from when she was a baby, so I have made an effort to swing the screen around to the front and capture some with me in them with Sophie (more to share later in the week).  I am a primary school teacher, but haven't worked in the field for the last year and a half due to our littlest bundle of joy.  I would like to go back to it once Sophie is a bit older, but right now I love being a stay at home mum (SAHM).  I love crafts - I have done knitting and cross-stitch before learning about the wonderful world of papercrafts, and since have tried crochet (just this month!) as well as jewellery making, scrapbooking, cardmaking and other off the page and mini album projects.  My true love is for all things paper and ink - or should I say "Stamp n Scrap"!
I am so grateful for Matt - he is the BEST husband anyone could wish for.  The photo above shows a more serious side, but then he was driving at the time!  Most of the time he is light-hearted and having a laugh with or at me ;)  Often people he doesn't know very well think he is quiet, but I think he just takes a while to find his groove.  He works hard to provide for his family, which is a very admirable quality.  When he's not working you can find him near some sort of technological gadget (he's especially fond of his PS3), participating in family activities, attending church, or in the garden (which is a work in progress).  He has difficulty sitting and doing nothing and has voiced his opinion that an island holiday is totally not his thing - much to my disgust!  When we do go on holidays, recently we have been on camping holidays which allow us to do as much or as little as we like while experiencing the great outdoors.

So now that you know a little bit about us, why not share something about your family?  If not publicly or online, then grab a piece of paper and let it all out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.