Friday, July 30, 2010

Put on your sunnies...

before you take a peek at this card.  The Colour Create Challenge blog is having their 50th challenge, with the theme of Hot Pink, Warm Orange and Saffron.  I have to say I'm not really a "brights" kinda girl - I much prefer muted tones and neutrals, but it's nice to break out of the old comfort zone every now and then, right?

Here's my take on their challenge:



I used Colorbox Chalk inks, which are probably my second most favourite inks - distress inks being my fave, but don't tell my ink pads will you?  They may get jealous.  The colours I used were Orchid Pastel, Tangerine and Yellow Cadmium with Blackbird for the sentiment. The best part about it was that it came together in less than 10 minutes.  I am totally a CAS (clean and simple) sort of person.  While I love looking at the heavily embellished creations, all I can think of is the amount of time and effort put into those sort of cards (you know the ones with about 10 layers with flouncy ribbon everywhere, etc).  Don't get me wrong, I do love to use layers and ribbons, just in moderation!  But then, you never know - I may just go all out and surprise you one of these days...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining us at colour create with this lovely card, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.