Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Impromptu wrapping paper

My daughter Emily was invited to a kids party on the weekend, and much like that Kmart ad they are showing on TV at the minute, I only thought about presents the day before.  To make it that much more hectic we spent the night in the city and only got home at lunchtime with the party starting at 2pm.  Wouldn't you know it, I could not find any suitable gift wrap for the presents at home.  Stamps to the rescue!!!  I managed to find 2 pieces of A3 paper which got the stamp treatment.  Unfortunately none of my Rollagraph wheels were particularly kid-friendly so I used rubber stamps instead.  For the boy present I used dark blue paper, and stamped with a star stamp in white ink, and I love how this made the stamps look like a light blue for a tone on tone look.  For the girl present I used an orange paper, stamped with the ladybug stamp in black ink.  I also stamped a matching gift tag for each present and wrapped them in some pretty ribbons.  Problem solved :)




Next time you are stuck without wrapping paper, why not have a go at making your own?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.