Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Quote of the Day:

Monika at Write.Click.Scrapbook has an awesome quote (not sure if it's hers or she borrowed it from somewhere):

I don't remember, that's why I scrapbook.

I have a shocking memory, and it's amazing the little details you forget. Often it's when Sophie does something and some little part in my brain says "Hmm, I think I remember Emily doing that".  I'm now making it a habit to write down little things every now and then about what's going on in our lives.  The last one I did was back in May and I recorded our routine, what the girls are doing, our interests, any little things that I think I will forget - because you can guarantee, I will forget!
Not only am I keeping a daily brief journal (just the things we did each day), I'm also about to make a start on my own Journal Jar, so it will be interesting to set aside 5-10 mins each day to reflect on my past.
I am also very grateful for digital cameras and their ability to record the day and time of each photo - no more guessing when we did things after the photos have been sitting there for 6 months (or more) and I finally scrapbook them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share a thought with me.